Indian Firing: Woman Martyred, Death Toll Rises to 2

Indian Firing: Woman Martyred, Death Toll Rises to 2

Rawalpindi (September 14, 2017): The death toll from the unprovoked and indiscriminate firing by Indian forces along the Working Boundary in Phuklian sector that started last night has risen to two as a woman embraced martyrdom.

Sixty-year-old resident of Kahlian village which was shelled by the Indian forces last night Reshma succumbed to her injuries pushing the death toll to two.

Click Play Button To Watch This Video.

Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) had earlier said that a man was martyred in an incident of cross-border firing along the Working Boundary on Wednesday,

“Indian troops initiated unprovoked ceasefire violations using mortars and automatics and targeted the innocent civilian population along [the] Working Boundary in [the] Phuklian sector,” the ISPR said.The Pakistan Rangers “effectively responded and targeted Indian posts firing on [the] civilian population,” the statement added.

Muhammad Zahoor Illahi, a resident of Dewra village, was killed in the cross-border exchange of fire, ISPR said.

Residents of Kakran village 38-year-old Ghulam Abbas and a woman Safreen were seriously wounded by cross border firing by the Indian forces.According to civilian population a number of cattle were also killed and wounded from the unprovoked and indiscriminate firing of the Indian forces that particularly target civilian areas. Many houses were partially damaged from the firing of Indian forces which has also forced the civilians to remain indoors for safety.

The heavily militarised LoC and Working Boundary have witnessed sporadic skirmishes and artillery duels since the alleged Indian ‘surgical strike’ last September, in violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Agreement signed by both countries.

Related News:

Indian Army Again Resort to Unprovoked Firing at LoC

5-year-old Girl Killed in Indian Firing Along LoC

Comments are closed.

Scroll To Top