Compiled By: Ubaid Suri
Web Desk ( January 30, 2018): Whenever we think of Pakistan, all that comes to our mind is terrorism, extremism, sectarianism, corruption, load shedding and inflation but despite all these issues, we immensely love our country.
Whenever we think of Pakistan, all that comes to our mind is terrorism, extremism, sectarianism, corruption, load shedding and inflation but despite all these issues, we immensely love our country.
1. Naltar valleyNaltar is famous for its colourful lakes, it is situated at a drive of 2.5 hours from Gilgit. World’s tastiest potatoes are cultivated here. Covered with pine trees, this valley doesn’t seem to be a part of this world.
2. Neelum Valley, Azad KashmirOpposite to the Keran sector of Indian-held Kashmir. From the Chella Bandi Bridge – just north of Azaad Kashmir’s capital Muzaffarabad – to Tau Butt, a valley stretches out for 240 kilometres; it is known as the Neelum Valley (literally, the Blue Gem Valley).
3. Shangrila resort, SkarduIn the extreme north of Pakistan, Skardu the central valley of Gilgit-Baltistan, is an epitome of beauty, serenity and wilderness.After Jaglot on the Karakoram Highway, a narrow road turns towards Skardu. During the seven-hour journey, one is greeted with several streams, springs, and the hospitality of the local people
4. Gojal ValleyThe Gojal Valley borders China and Afghanistan, with its border meeting the Chinese border at Khunjerab — 15,397 feet above sea level — and remains covered with snow all year long.
5. Deosai PlainsDeosai is located on the boundary of Karakoram and the western Himalayas, and at no point it is less than 4000 meters above sea level. It remains covered with snow for 8 months. The rest of the year, it hosts a range of beautiful flowers of all hues and colours, but not a single tree is found in this plateau spread over 3000 sq. km.
6. Rama MeadowJust a little ahead of Rama Village, which is 11 kilometres from Astore, is a beautiful and serene plain called Rama Meadow.
7. PayeShogran had seen an influx of tourists, who trampled over its beauty, leaving it jaded. Siri Paye, nonetheless, still retains its strong attraction for tourists as a green plateau on top of the Hindu Kush.
8. Ayun and Bamburet ValleyAyun district is a village of Chitral. Located 12 kilometres south of the city at the confluence of the River Bamburet . There are no words to describe the beauty of the mountains surrounding the village. Beyond Ayun valley is Bamburet Valley, it is one of the three Kalash valleys.
9. White Palace SwatWhite Palace Marghazar is the only breathtaking location in the Swat district that’s situated at a distance of around 12 km from the city of Mingora. Not only do tourists visit Marghazar for its natural beauty and pleasant weather but also to visit the historic White Palace (1941), built during the era of Swat state.
10. Kerthar areaThe Kirthar range stretches from Sindh to Balochistan, serving as a natural border between the two provinces. This mountain range includes the scenic Gorakh Hill (5700), Kutte Ji Qabar (6877) and Bandu Ji Qabar (7112).
Pakistan is full of breathtaking locations which will make you fall in love with this country all over again. If you are a tourist or love travelling then you must compile a list of places you plan to visit next year.