Abb Takk News

12 Dead, 72 Hospitalised After Eating ‘Prasad’ in Karnataka

New Delhi (December 15, 2018): At least 12 people, including a child, died and more than 80 were hospitalised on Friday, after consuming prasad from a temple in Karnataka’s Chamarajanagar district.

According to police, the condition of 12 people was critical and they have been taken to Mysuru for treatment. Reflecting on the incident, the district health officer said it was suspected that poison might have got mixed with the “prasad”.

Click Play Button To Watch This Video

After consuming the prasad, people started vomiting and began writhing with stomach pain at Sulivadi village, police said. Commotion prevailed as people hurried to nearby hospitals for treatment.

The Karnataka government has announced an ex gratia of Rs 5 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased while medical treatment of others will be taken care of by the state government.

Related News:

Indian Court Gives Clean Chit to Modi in French Jet Deal

13 Feared Dead in Flooded Indian ‘Rat Hole’ Mine