Karachi (January 20, 2018): SSP Rao Anwar has been removed from his post after the probe committee formed over the extrajudicial killing of Naqeebullah Mehsud found the 27-year-old to be innocent.
According to the sources, a notification stating the decision would be issued later today.
Click Play Button To Watch This Video
According to the initial investigation report, the committee termed SSP Rao Anwar’s allegations against Naqeebullah baseless, sources said.
In its report, the committee stated that there was no proof found of Naqeebullah being a terrorist.The 2014 FIR presented by Anwar was also bogus, it said.
The committee in its report also recommended the registration of a case against Rao Anwar and other personnel involved in Naqeebullah’s killing.
Anwar’s name should also be placed on the Exit Control List (ECL), the report stated. The head of the committee, Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) Additional Inspector General Sanaullah Abbasi said earlier that justice will prevail in the case and the outcome will be based on merit.
Earlier on Friday, Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Saqib Nisar took notice of the suo motu killing.
The chief justice summoned a report from the Sindh police chief in seven days.Following hue and cry on social media and by relatives of the Waziristan native, an inquiry committee was formed under the chair of CTD Additional IG Sanaullah Abbasi.
SSP Malir Rao Anwar appeared before the inquiry committee yesterday and submitted the evidence in the case, he provided an FIR to the committee according to which Mehsud was declared a fugitive in 2014 in attempt to murder and terrorist cases.The SSP told that the case was registered against Naqeeb Mehsud in Sachal police station.“Noor Alam, Zahidullah and two others were killed in police encounter in 2014.
Their head Abid Machar, Saifuddin Mehsud, Irshad Mehsud, Naqeeb Mehsud, Maulvi Yar Muhammad were fugitives. They had also kidnapped Memon trader for ransom,” said Rao Anwar.
“Why Mehsud’s family did not contacted police if he was really missing? He is a criminal,” maintained the SSP.
SSP Anwar, in a media talk on January 13, had claimed to have shot dead four alleged terrorists in a police encounter at Shah Latif Town.Later, it was revealed that the deceased ‘terrorists’ included Naseemullah alias Naqeebullah, a 27-year-old from South Waziristan. His family claimed he disappeared on January 3 from Sohrab Goth and was then killed in a fake encounter.
Following a hue and cry on social media and by relatives of the Waziristan native, an inquiry committee was formed under the chair of Counter Terrorism Department Additional IG Sanaullah Abbasi.