Gujranwala(February 20, 2018): FIA has arrested the key suspect who was involved in sending Pakistanis abroad via Libya.
The accused went underground after the incident.
Click Play Button To Watch This Video:
Earlier on February 04,
The Foreign Office of Pakistan said that 32 Pakistani nationals were aboard the ship that wrecked off Libya coast on January 31.
“There were 32 Pakistanis among 80 to 90 people aboard the boat,” FO spokesman Dr Mohammad Faisal told newsmen during a press briefing here.
He said that officials of the Pakistani mission reached the site on the same day, adding that human smugglers were trying to illegally take the passengers on the boat to Europe.Faisal said information on the deceased [Pakistani] citizens is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, adding that four of the deceased Pakistanis have yet to be identified.
Pakistanis Feared Dead In Boat Capsize: IOM
Earlier on February 2, The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) said that an estimated 90 migrants are feared to have drowned off the coast of Libya after a smuggler’s boat capsized early on Friday, leaving three known survivors and 10 bodies washed up on shore.
Survivors told aid workers that most of the migrants on board were Pakistanis, who form a growing group heading to Italy from North Africa, IOM spokeswoman Olivia Headon, speaking from Tunis, told a Geneva news briefing.
“There are almost 90 estimated people who drowned during the capsize, but we still have to verify the exact number of people who lost their lives during the tragedy,” she said.