MUZAFFARGARH: At least 14 children sustained burn injuries and two of them died as fire
erupted in a house in Muzaffargarh here during the wee hours of Wednesday. One women is also died in the incident.
According to details, accidental all the injured minors were shifted to Nishtar Hospital, where two of the children and one women succumbed to their injuries. According to hospital sources, three of the children are in critical state.
It should be mentioned here that all the children are aged between one-and-half and six years. They all belong to a single family, residents of the city’s catchment area of Bakaini.
According to the family members, the accident occurred when a member of the family that has no electricity, was lighting a lantern.
A spark from the lantern was caught by an eight-liter can of diesel that exploded with a loud bang triggering a fireball.
The sudden fire burned a woman and 14 children, who were shifted to Multan’s Nishtar Hospital.