Abb Takk News

IS Claim of Killing Two Chinese Nationals being Investigated: FO

Islamabad (June 10, 2017): Foreign Office said that investigation into Islamic State claim of killing two Chinese national, who were abducted from Quetta last month, was underway.

IS had claimed earlier this week that its militants had killed two Chinese nationals who were kidnapped from Quetta on March 24.

Click Play Button to Watch this Video 

The FO said that investigation into the claims of IS was being carried out.

It added that the Pakistani officials were in constant touch with Chinese government to confirm the authenticity of the claims.

Reiterating the government’s resolve to eliminate terrorism from the country, the foreign office said every doable effort will be made to ensure the security of Chinese nationals working in Pakistan.

Following the IS claims, Pakistan informed China that these two kidnapped Chinese citizens have probably been killed by militants. “China is trying to verify this information and is also ascertaining details about the victims,” said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying in a statement issued on June 9.

Earlier on March 24, a Chinese man and a woman, running a Chinese language center, were kidnapped from the neighborhood of Jinnah Town in Quetta, whereas another Chinese woman in the incident had managed to break free and ran away from the kidnappers.

A large number of Chinese nationals are working on various projects under China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)  in Balochistan including Gwadar sea port.

Related News:- 

Abduction of Chinese Couple: Team constituted for Investigation

Two Chinese Nationals Kidnapped from Quetta