Islamabad (August 20, 2018): The swearing-in ceremony for Prime Minister Imran Khan’s new 16 members federal cabinet held at the President House on Monday.
President Mamnoon Hussain administered the oath to the cabinet members.
Click Play Button To Watch This Video
The ceremony was attended by the prime minister, along with other dignitaries.
Earlier on Aug 19, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry on popular micro-blogging website Twitter stated that premier has approved a 21-member cabinet comprising 16 ministers and five advisers.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has approved twenty member cabinet, the cabinet comprises on fifteen federal ministers and five advisers, The ministers shall take oath on Monday morning at President’s House
— Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) August 18, 2018
In first phase, names of 15 ministers were announced. Later, PM Imran Khan also added Khusro Bakhtiar as minister of water resources.
- Asad Umar Finance Minister
- Shah Mehmood Qureshi Foreign Minister
- Chaudhary Tariq Bashir State and Frontier Region
- Noorul Haq Qadri Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony
- Shireen Mazari Human Rights
- Ghulam Sarwar Khan Petroleum Division
- Zubaida Jalal Defence Production
- Shafqat Mehmood Federal Education and professional training
- Fawad Chaudhry Information and Broadcasting Division
- Sheikh Rasheed Railways
- Amir Mehmood Kiyani National Health Services
- Farogh Naseem Law and Justice
- Pervez Khattak Defence
- Fehmida Mirza Inter-provincial Coordination
- Khalid Mqbool Siddiquie Information Technology and Telecommunication
Five advisers are Mohammad Shehzad, Ishrat Hussain, Abdul Razzak Dawood, Amin Aslam and Babar Awan.