Islamabad (September 10, 2018): The oath-taking ceremony of four more ministers included in federal cabinet has been postponed till Tuesday.
President Arif Alvi was set to administer the oath to the four new ministers at a ceremony at President House on Monday.
However, the ceremony was postponed owing to the non-availability of guests on a short notice.
According to PM Imran’s spokesperson, Umar Ayub Khan will be given the portfolio of energy, Ali Zaidi will take charge of Maritime Affairs and former Senate chairperson Muhammad Mian Soomro will be the Minister of Privatisation while Murad Saeed’s portfolio will be announced later.
The federal cabinet now has as many as 26 members.Earlier on September 08, the Prime Minister Imran Khan extended the federal cabinet by inducting four new ministers, a statement issued by the PM House said.
On August 19, Prime Minister of Pakistan finalized his cabinet comprised of 15 ministers and five advisors.
- Asad Umar Finance Minister
- Shah Mehmood Qureshi Foreign Minister
- Chaudhary Tariq Bashir State and Frontier Region
- Noorul Haq Qadri Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony
- Shireen Mazari Human Rights
- Ghulam Sarwar Khan Petroleum Division
- Zubaida Jalal Defence Production
- Shafqat Mehmood Federal Education and professional training
- Fawad Chaudhry Information and Broadcasting Division
- Sheikh Rasheed Railways
- Amir Mehmood Kiyani National Health Services
- Farogh Naseem Law and Justice
- Pervez Khattak Defence
- Fehmida Mirza Inter-provincial Coordination
- Khalid Mqbool Siddiquie Information Technology and Telecommunication
Five advisers are Mohammad Shehzad, Ishrat Hussain, Abdul Razzak Dawood, Amin Aslam and Babar Awan.