Abb Takk News

Pak Rejects Baseless Allegations Regarding Kandhar Attacks

Islamabad (October 24, 2018): Pakistan has rejected baseless and unfounded allegations regarding the latest Kandahar attacks.

In a statement in Islamabad today, Foreign Offfice Spokesperson Dr. Muhammad Faisal said that no hard evidence or intelligence information has been shared to date with Pakistan to substantiate such claims.

Click Play Button To Watch This Video

He said in the presence of Afghanistan-Pakistan Action Plan for Peace and Stability (APAPPS), it would have been more appropriate to invoke the relevant arrangement instead of resorting to media blame game which is contrary to the seven principles of cooperation agreed between the two sides.

Earlier on October 19, a gunman wearing a security forces uniform opened fire on a gathering of US and Afghan officials.

Click Play Button To Watch This Video

General Scott Miller, the top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan, escaped unhurt, but Kandahar police chief General Abdul Raziq was killed along with the head of the provincial intelligence unit and an Afghan journalist.

Another 13 people were wounded in the assault inside the heavily fortified provincial governor´s compound, including the governor and two Americans.

Related News:

 

Afghanistan Delays Elections in Kandahar After Taliban Attack

Governor, Police Commander Killed In Kandahar Attack