Pakistan Strongly Condemns Terrorist Attack in Iran

Pakistan Strongly Condemns Terrorist Attack in Iran

Islamabad (December 06, 2018): Pakistan has strongly condemned a terrorist attack in Iranian port city of Chahbahar that has taken two lives of innocent people while injuring forty others.

In a tweet, Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal said Pakistan condemns terrorism.

Click Play Button To Watch This Video

He said that concerted efforts are required to uproot it from spreading anywhere and everywhere.

Terrorists attacked a police headquarters in Chabahar in Sistan-Balouchestan Province.

They exploded a vehicle, laden with explosives, on the entrance of the city’s police headquarters.

‘Foreign Hand’ Behind Chabahar Attack: Javad Zarif

Iran´s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif accused “foreign-backed terrorists” for attacks Thursday in the port city of Chabahar that killed three people and wounded around 40 others.

“Foreign-backed terrorists kill & wound innocents in Chabahar. As we´ve made it clear in the past, such crimes won´t go unpunished,” Zarif tweeted.

Chabahar lies in Sistan-Baluchistan province which has long been a flashpoint.

“In 2010, our security services intercepted & captures extremists en route from UAE. Mark my words: Iran WILL bring terrorists & their masters to justice” Zarif added in the tweet.‘Foreign Hand’ Behind Chabahar Attack: Javad ZarifHe was referring to the capture, trial and subsequent execution in June 2010 of Abdolmalek Rigi, the leader of the militant group Jundallah who had waged a deadly insurgency in Sistan-Baluchistan.

He was captured while on a flight from Dubai to Kyrgystan after Iranian fighter jets intercepted the airliner and forced it to land in Iran and removed Rigi and a number of his companions.

Suicide Car Bomber Kills At Least Three In Chabahar

Bomb blast has taken lives of three in Sistan-Baluchistan province of Iran near Chabahar.

According to the details, at least three people were killed and 24 others were injured in a suicide car bomb attack on the police headquarters in Iran’s southeastern port city of Chabahar on Thursday, Iranian state media reported.

Click Play Button To Watch This Video

Television also reported shooting in the area, located in the region of Sistan-Baluchestan, which is home to a Sunni Muslim minority in the largely Shi’ite country and has long been plagued by violence from both drug smugglers and separatists.

“Three people were killed and some others were injured,” Chabahar’s acting governor Rahmdel Bameria told state television. “The suicide attacker set off the explosion after stopping at police headquarters in Chabahar.”

Mohammad Hadi Marashi, deputy governor for security affairs, told state television that two police officers had been killed.

The state news agency IRNA said some 24 people had been wounded. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Videos posted on Twitter, purportedly from Chabahar, showed thick smoke rising from the area.

Related News:

Suicide Car Bomber Kills At Least Three In Chabahar

Peace, Stability in Afghanistan Shared Responsibility: FO

Comments are closed.

Scroll To Top