Abb Takk News

Pakistan Utilizes 93% Of Water For Agriculture: Langrial

Web Desk(September 10, 2018): Punjab Agriculture Minister Malik Nouman Ahmad Langrial has said that water saving is a need of the hour, as in the future, wars will be fought over water.

In a statement, he said that Pakistan utilizes 93 percent of its water for agriculture and the remaining 7 percent is used for other purposes.

He said that the agriculture department is encouraging drip irrigation under the on-going Punjab Irrigated-Agriculture Productivity Improvement Project.

He said that under the project, the department is installing drip and sprinkler irrigation system across the province.

The Minister said that with this technology, farmers can save up to 60 percent of electricity and diesel costs, augmenting their per acre yield by 100 percent.

Related News:

Pakistan, India Failed To Reach Consensus On Water Issues

Scientists Confirm Water Ice On Moon’s Surface