Islamabad (August 19, 2018): Newly elected Prime Minister of Pakistan has finalized his cabinet which will be comprised of 15 ministers and five advisors, said party spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry in his tweet on Saturday.
He said PM Imran Khan’s cabinet consists of 15 ministers and five advisors as they will take oath on Monday. The following are the names of the ministers and their portfolios.
- Asad Umar Finance Minister
- Shah Mehmood Qureshi Foreign Minister
- Chaudhary Tariq Bashir State and Frontier Region
- Noorul Haq Qadri Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony
- Shireen Mazari Human Rights
- Ghulam Sarwar Khan Petroleum Division
- Zubaida Jalal Defence Production
- Shafqat Mehmood Federal Education and professional training
- Fawad Chaudhry Information and Broadcasting Division
- Sheikh Rasheed Railways
- Amir Mehmood Kiyani National Health Services
- Farogh Naseem Law and Justice
- Pervez Khattak Defence
- Fehmida Mirza Inter-provincial Coordination
- Khalid Mqbool Siddiquie Information Technology and Telecommunication
Five advisers are Mohammad Shehzad, Ishrat Hussain, Abdul Razzak Dawood, Amin Aslam and Babar Awan.
Name of ministers and portfolios pic.twitter.com/txlLJ2UZZP
— Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) August 18, 2018
Earlier, Pakistan Tehreek Insaaf chief Imran Khan nominated Dr. Arif Alvi as the President of Pakistan.
He is one the founding members of Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf, who was born on July 29, 1949, in the house of Elahi Alvi.
Click Play Button To Watch This Video:
He started his political career in 1997 and contested the election from PS-114 Karachi and was defeated.
He contested 2002 election later from PS-90 Sindh and secured 1,276 votes.
He was first elected for NA-250 in 2013 election. He was also elected from NA-247 in General Elections.
69-year-old Dr. Arif Alvi has served as Secretary General PTI from 2006 to 2013 and currently serving as PTI President Sindh.