Abb Takk News

Public Movement Banned Between 12-3pm In Sindh Today

KARACHI: The Sindh government has announced that there will be complete lockdown from 12 noon to 3 pm on Friday, advising people not to come out of their houses for Juma prayers.

In a statement issued on Thursday, Sindh Local Government Minister Nasir Shah said the “painful” decision about the ban on Friday prayers was taken with a heavy heart. “The mosques, however, will remain open where only three to five persons can perform Juma prayers,” he added.

Sindh Information Minister Nasir Hussain Shah said strict action will be taken against anyone found violating the ban.

The Sindh government had banned Friday prayers in the province last week. The order issued by the government said that only three to five mosque staff members (such as the imam and khateeb) are allowed to pray there.

Some mosques, however, did not follow the government’s orders and police had to make announcements asking people to go back to their homes.