Riyadh (October 24, 2018): Saudi Arabia´s crown prince was due Wednesday to address a key forum in his first public comments since the murder of critic Jamal Khashoggi, amid US accusations of a monumental cover-up by the kingdom.
As the crisis facing the oil-rich Gulf nation deepened, Washington moved overnight to revoke the visas of a number of Saudi citizens even though the two countries have long been allies.
Click Play Button To Watch This Video
The move came after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Khashoggi´s killing inside Saudi Arabia´s Istanbul consulate on October 2 had been meticulously planned, in a speech on Tuesday that overshadowed the opening of the long-planned three-day investment forum in Riyadh.
Earlier, Turkey’s president insisted on Wednesday that his country would not allow those responsible for Jamal Khashoggi’s killing to avoid justice.
“We are determined not to allow a cover-up of this murder and to make sure all those responsible – from those who ordered it to those who carried it out – will not be allowed to avoid justice,” Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan said in a speech in Ankara.
He said some people were uncomfortable with him sharing evidence in a speech on Tuesday about a killing stirring global outrage and straining ties between Riyadh and the West.
18 Saudi Suspects in Murder of Journalist Khashoggi: Erdogan