COLOMBO: Sri Lanka’s cricket (SLC) board has got the final all-clear from the defence ministry for tour of Pakistan, a board official said on Thursday.
Earlier, SLC Secretary Mohan de Silva said he was satisfied with the security arrangements of their hosts, but reports last week of a possible terror attack had been referred to the defence ministry for investigation.
The six-match tour, due to start on Sept 27, was put on hold last week after Sri Lanka’s prime minister’s office warned the board that it had unspecified information about a possible attack against its players.
SLC did not call off the tour, but instead asked the government to reassess the security situation and make a final determination about the fate of the tournament.
Sri Lanka is due to play three ODIs from September 27 in Karachi and three T20 internationals against Pakistan in Lahore until October 9.