ISLAMABAD: Days after peace process being accelerated and US special envoy on the mission, the Taliban refused on Friday to talks with the US directly without Pakistan, Qatar and Saudi Arab.
According to diplomatic sources, Taliban have given green signal to initiate another round of talks with the US as per the recommendation is given by Pakistan, however, Taliban leadership refused to talks with Us alone and insisted inclusion of Pakistan, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
The next round of dialogue will be held in Abu Dhabi next week, however, the dates will be finalized soon, sources said.
On the other hand, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Friday assured visiting US special envoy on Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad, that Pakistan would keep up efforts to facilitate the Afghan peace process.
The envoy is accompanied by a US interagency delegation representing the Departments of Defence and State, and the National Security Council.
Both sides, during a meeting at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad, discussed progress made in the peace process so far. Qureshi told Khalilzad that Pakistan’s efforts to bring peace and stability to the region would remain ongoing.