Abb Takk News

Taliban Vows To Take Serious Revenge of Kunduz Attack

Kunduz, Afghanistan (April 05, 2018): The Taliban has vowed to “take serious revenge” after an Afghan airstrike in an area controlled by the militant group killed or wounded dozens of people, many of them children.

The government and military have said the Afghan Air Force (AAF) hit a Taliban base in the northeastern province of Kunduz on Monday where senior commanders were meeting to plan attacks.

At least 59 people were killed, including Taliban commanders, according to security sources. Health officials said at least 57 wounded were taken to hospital in the provincial capital Kunduz.

The Taliban issued a statement late Wednesday saying it “condemns in the strongest terms this major crime and vows to take serious revenge against the perpetrators”.

Government officials in both Kabul and Kunduz have given conflicting figures for the number of casualties, with some denying any civilians had been killed or that a madrassa had been hit.

Related News:

Ghani Appoints Task Team To Investigate Kunduz Airstrike

At Least 13 Cops Killed in Afghan’s Province Kunduz Attack