ISLAMABAD: Former prime minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf on Wednesday denied allegations linking him to Anmol alias Pinky, saying his name was unnecessarily dragged into the controversy surrounding the high-profile drug case.
Addressing the National Assembly, the PPP leader said reports had surfaced claiming that Pinky had mentioned him during investigations. However, he added that the accused woman’s lawyer later clarified the matter and dismissed the impression created against him.
Raja Pervaiz Ashraf stated that he had maintained a clean public record throughout his political career and regretted that individuals were often targeted through baseless accusations and conspiracies. He called for strict action against those responsible for spreading false information and damaging reputations without evidence.
He stressed that no individual should be publicly disgraced until allegations are proven in accordance with the law. The former premier also said his party had taken immediate notice of the issue.
“I have served the country as prime minister and speaker with dignity and transparency,” he told the House while defending his reputation.
The controversy stems from the arrest of Anmol alias Pinky earlier this month during a joint raid carried out by police and a civilian intelligence agency at her apartment in Karachi’s Garden area. Authorities booked her in cases related to narcotics possession and an unlicensed weapon.
The case has since triggered controversy within the Sindh Police after reports emerged that some officers allegedly provided the accused with VIP treatment. Following the revelations, the Sindh Inspector General suspended three police officials for violating standard operating procedures.

