ANKARA: At least 13 people were killed and 40 others injured in alleged twin car bomb blasts near Besiktas Vodafone Arena stadium in Istanbul on Saturday night, Turk media reported.
Turk interior ministry said that one of the blast was suicide. According to initials reports there were two explosion which were followed by gunshots.
Earlier, Turkey Interior Minister Suleiman Soylu said that around 20 people were injured in the attacks.
Turkish Transport Minister Ahmet Arslan said the terrorist attack had targeted police outside the stadium two hours after the football match. Bursaspor had played Besiktas in a Turkey League game at the stadium earlier the same day. While Interior minister Suleiman Soylu said the explosion happened near the Vodafone Arena stadium in Besiktas two hours after the football match ended. The attack targeted riot police who were stationed there, he added.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks so far. Football federations of United States and Turkey condemned the attacks.